CHATRA LASER CUTTING SERVICE
Charta utilizes 2 1kw laser machines, capable of handling our customer's precision Laser Cutting needs, from prototype through large-scale production. Our machines utilize advanced Fiber cutting technology. Charta strives to ensure fast, precise component fabrication and servicing for our customers.
Laser Cutting is an advanced process that produces exact cuts in virtually any shape, at any angle, and through materials that would be destroyed by contact cutting tools Briefly, fiber laser light is created by banks of diodes. The light is channeled and amplified through fiber optic cable similar to that used for data transfer. The amplified light, on exiting the fiber cable, is collimated or straightened and then focused by a lens onto the material to be cut.
Creation of the light is 200% more efficient than via a traditional CO2 laser, and delivery is far simpler, with no expensive optical mirrors. The focusing lens, unlike on a conventional CO2 laser machine, is sealed in the cutting head and thus not a consumable item.
The benefits fiber laser source :
- No moving parts or mirrors in the light-generating source, unlike a conventional CO2 resonator or disk laser. This has a distinct advantage in terms of reducing maintenance requirements and operating costs.
- Much higher electrical efficiency, resulting in considerably lower running costs. A 3 kW fiber machine uses one third of the power of a 4 kW CO2 machine of average across-the-board performance.
- Higher speeds when cutting materials thinners than 10 mm. Compared with the same 4 kW CO2 machine, the fiber laser is three times quicker cutting of 1 mm mild, galvanized, or stainless steel and twice as fast when cutting 2 mm.
- An ability to cut reflective materials without fear of back reflections damaging the machine. This allows copper, brass, and aluminum to be cut without problems.
- 50% longer servicing intervals and 50% lower servicing costs.
Some of the advantages using Charta’s Laser Cutting Service include:
- Ability to cut complex shapes, corners, slots, and holes with high repeatability.
- Minimum kerf width.
- Ultra-low distortion.
- No variations due to tool wear.
- 50% Clean cut edges without burr or dust formation.
- Cutting of various material thicknesses and combinations in one operation.
- No material deformation due to contactless material processing.
- No tensioning device or protective cover necessary.
- High level of precision and positional accuracy of the cut edge.
- Fixed Accuracy level in repeated operations.
- Low level of production waste.